I got my first job as a hair stylist! I'm working at TGF Haircutters. It's a Regis full service salon. It's located up Bandera Road on the out side of 1604 right next to the new Golds Gym. I've been working there for a little over three weeks. I really enjoy it for the most part. It's a lot of fun to meet all different kinds of people. I'm learning a lot of new techniques and trying to get my speed up. We are usually busy, which is a big change from hair school. It can get kind of stressful at times but it makes the time go by a lot faster when we are busy. I'm working full time. I get Sundays off and one other random day throughout the week. My boss is pretty nice. When I went to interview I took my portfolio and resume with me, she looked through them and hired me on the spot! I get paid 40% commission on all services 10% on retail plus tips. Men's cut are $13.95 and $10.00 on Tuesdays, Women's are $15.95 and kids are $9.95. It's fun to finally be paid! So if anyone is tired of their hair and wants a change just let me know. I'm still doing services from home for cheap, so if you want to come over just let me know. Saturday, September 8, 2007
TGF Hair Salon
I got my first job as a hair stylist! I'm working at TGF Haircutters. It's a Regis full service salon. It's located up Bandera Road on the out side of 1604 right next to the new Golds Gym. I've been working there for a little over three weeks. I really enjoy it for the most part. It's a lot of fun to meet all different kinds of people. I'm learning a lot of new techniques and trying to get my speed up. We are usually busy, which is a big change from hair school. It can get kind of stressful at times but it makes the time go by a lot faster when we are busy. I'm working full time. I get Sundays off and one other random day throughout the week. My boss is pretty nice. When I went to interview I took my portfolio and resume with me, she looked through them and hired me on the spot! I get paid 40% commission on all services 10% on retail plus tips. Men's cut are $13.95 and $10.00 on Tuesdays, Women's are $15.95 and kids are $9.95. It's fun to finally be paid! So if anyone is tired of their hair and wants a change just let me know. I'm still doing services from home for cheap, so if you want to come over just let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations Amber!! That is REALLY exciting. I bet that was such a good feeling too when she hired you on the spot! I love when that happens. I'm really happy for you. Good luck on your new job!!
That's awesome you got a job. I remember my 1st job out of hygiene school, but mostly the big fat check at the end of the week. At least it seemed really big then. Then the taxes, bills and everything else came and it disappeared. Anyways, Jazmin absoulutely loves her hair and it really looks great!
hey amber, you did a great job on melissa jessops hair, it looks really good on her! glad to hear that you like it!
Thanks for having us over on Sunday! Not only are you good at hair, you're a talented cook!
Good job! I am so happy for you! I will definitely be calling you soon for something new.
Post a Comment