Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nursey Decorations!

I've been having a lot fun buying and making decorations for our new little girls room. Too bad I don't have a place to put all of them yet. Hopefully we will be able to move into a two bedroom apt. in June. I started off putting these flowers in a tall, glass, vase. We found out very quickly that it was not baby proof when it shattered the first night I got it. So, I went for something a little more sturdy...a metal basket.

I've been looking around for a chandelier to hang over the crib and I found this one at Ikea for cheap, I was really excited!



I also found these lights at Ikea, they hang from the ceiling. They were on sale because they had been used as a display. They were just the right color. David told me I had to choose between the chandelier or the lights but I choose them all.

I got this cute rug at Fallas Padres, I'll put it in front of the crib.

I saw some painting like these on Pottery Barn's web sight, so I got some canvas and painted my own!

Wooden flowers from Hobby Lobby

I painted these mirrors along time ago and they seam to match with my other stuff so I just glued some flowers on them and changed the ribbon to match.



17 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Way to be on the ball, you'll be grateful to have it all ready for her!

The Shirleys said...

Your nursery is going to be so cute! I didn't realize you painted. I really like the painting. Good luck finding something bigger.

celeste said...

man you're so creative!!! maybe I should have come over and do Carly's room....lol. Everything you picked is sooo cute. Great job on the paintings!

Courtney said...

Everything is so cute. I love it. The canvas are adorable. I love copying stuff like that. I like the chandaler idea, very unique!

Jenni said...

I love everything! Getting ready for girls seems like so much fun!

Hillery said...

Oh my word! I am so jealous of the chandelier. I love Ikea. I have to come see it all when you're finnished.

Jamie Smith said...

That is so cute! I love all the colors you picked out! All my friends are so creative! What happened to me! Anyways, you better have a girl. I can't wait to see what her nursery will look like when your done!

Thanks again for cutting my hair! I don't think I could of gone one more day with my chopped up bangs! Jaime's hair looked great too! I loved the color!

Anyways, I had so much fun this weekend! Thanks again for coming to the shower and supporting my baby fund! I miss you guys already!

Lynette said...

I love how crafty you are girl! Those decorations are too cute. I miss our craft/scrapbooking times!

Lyssa Beth said...

Well look at you, miss creative! All your stuff is super cute. I love the color scheme you have going for the nursery. Can't wait to see it!

JoEllen said...

Your paintings are awesome! I love it! I love all the colors, like everyone else, they're great. You're little girl is so lucky to have such a crafty mama!

Jill said...

I love it! Your nursery is going to be so cute. I'm especially impressed with your paintings - wow!

tothe4thfloor said...

I saw the same cute pictures at Pottery Barn but they were way over priced and I thought I could paint that! Now that I have seen you can do it, I'm going to do it too!

g said said...

hey you guys, nice to see you too! it's been a couple years! congrats on the baby girl and some impressive fish! stay tuned for some breaking news, I hear there's an announcement pending

Ryan and Ashley said...

Dave and Amber! I am so glad that you blog and that we can be blogging friends! I miss you guys. Driving up to Physics and going to Kick boxing and eating fish at your house and cramming! The good old days. CONGRATS on your baby!!!!!! When is your due date?!?! I am so happy for you!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Dave and Amber! I am so glad that you blog and that we can be blogging friends! I miss you guys. Driving up to Physics and going to Kick boxing and eating fish at your house and cramming! The good old days. CONGRATS on your baby!!!!!! When is your due date?!?! I am so happy for you!

Kajsa said...

how fun is this! im excited for ya!

Marc said...

You are so talented. I need you to come decorate Isabella's room. - Chrissy