Monday, October 6, 2008

Bullet!

Last weekend David's family came to visit. His sister Jennie was sleeping in the living room with her husband Nathan and new baby Ryleigh. Around 5:00 am we all heard a really loud noise that woke us up. David went out side to see what was going on and our neighbor was out there drunk as can be. He shook David's hand and was saying something over and over that David couldn't understand. Not long after David came inside we heard someone just start shooting. We grabbed the babies and ran into our room and huddled on the floor. David called 911 and we waited for them to come. Nathan went out into the living room and found a big bullet hole through our wall! Come to find out it was our neighbor that had shot the gun through his door. The first noise that woke us up was the first shot. Then he fired 6 others out into the parking lot. We found the bullet in between where the air mattress that Jennie and Nathan were on and the couch, about a yard away from where their baby was sleeping. The cops confiscated around 15 other guns they found in his apartment. The guy who shot said someone was trying to break into his apartment and he told them he would shoot if they didn't leave. Who knows if he was telling the truth or not, needless to say the guy and his girl friend were evicted from the complex.


The bullet went through wall, through the lamp and ricocheted off two walls before it landed.
This is the hole in the neighbor's door.
Here are some of the guns.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh! Good thing they got rid of that neighbor, or I would be moving out. I'm glad no one got hurt!

JoEllen said...

Oh my gosh, that is really scary! I'm glad to see you guys are alright and I'm really glad to hear the neighbor was evicted! Yikes!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

HOLY CRAP!! I am SO glad nobody got hurt. Just shows you never know when life might take a turn. WOW! That is scary and crazy!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Oh my GOODNESS! What the heck! You are so lucky that you were able to get to cover!!!! I am so glad to know you are safe. OK--I want to see baby pics!

Jill said...

I'm glad everyone is okay! Your pictures are crazy, so it's a good thing that neighbor was evicted!

Josh said...

WOW, I am so glad to hear that you guys are all ok.

Henry Family said...

How frightening! I'm glad everyone's okay.